The eScience Center at the university of Southern Denmark (SDU), develops and operates large-scale e-Infrastructures dedicated to research in all fields. The center is a Danish national provider hosting a supercomputing facility.
The eScience Center is expanding its staff in its core areas.
Our mission is to support research through the development and provision of advanced ICT (Information and Communications Technology) infrastructure, by providing support services and expertise. The key areas of the center are: High Performance Computing, Cloud Services, Data Analytics and Data Management Services. We support a large research community, educational and government institutions, as well as commercial companies.
We address stimulating new technological challenges. The SDU eScience Center offers a research-like environment where we encourage the study of innovative solutions and personal growth. We firmly believe in open-source and web technology as a means to reach our goals.
We seek experts in the following areas:
• High Performance Computing (hardware and software),
• storage infrastructure,
• cloud computing and storage architectures,
• database systems,
• big data analytics,
• systems development,
• full stack web development,
• continuous development and integration,
• Linux system administration,
• data management,
• research user support.
Experience in at least two of the above areas is required, and candidates with experience in more areas will be strongly preferred.
For research user support, candidates with previous research experience in the fields of precision medicine or bioinformatics will be given preference. Research user support includes, but it is not limited to: providing specialist skills in High Performance Computing and big data analytics; porting existing code to new platforms or designing and developing new software from scratch; ensuring set-up and tune data analysis workflows; assisting researchers in all aspects of data management; developing and delivering tutorials and workshops.
What is required:
• Proven experience in at least two of the areas above in the job description;
• Strong background in Linux systems;
• Strong programming skills (e.g. in Typescript, C/C++, Java, Kotlin, HTML, shell, Python or R);
• Proven ability to work productively both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team balancing divergent objectives involving research, code development, supporting software and consulting with scientists;
• Ability to communicate effectively in English;
• A high degree of flexibility and the ability to multitask.
Other relevant qualifications:
• Master or PhD in a relevant field of science or engineering;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Condition of Employment
The starting date for the job is as soon as possible, and it will be agreed upon with the successful candidates. Appointments are for full time positions with no ending date. Depending on the experience and qualifications of the candidate, employment will be subject to a trial period.
All inquiries are welcome. Please contact:
Prof. Director Claudio Pica
SDU eScience Center
Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science
University of Southern Denmark
office: +45 6550 2519
Employment shall take place in accordance with the framework agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Akademikernes Centralorganisation – er en hovedorganisation for akademiske fagforbund).
Applications must be submitted electronically using the link “Apply online”. Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Each box can only contain a single file of maximum 10 Mb.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.